As soon as possible after your event, you or a loved one will overnight ship your bouquet or floral arrangement to us. We will send you detailed shipping instructions upon booking and payment of deposit. At that time, we will also schedule a consultation to go over our custom collections and design options. Once we receive your bouquet, we will send you photos of the condition of your flowers. If some flowers did not fare well through transport, we will discuss options for replacement. We will review the drying process and how it will affect the color of some of the flowers in your arrangement. It takes a few weeks to carefully dry and preserve your flowers in Silica sand or through pressing, which will be determined by your collection lay out. Once dried or pressed, your flowers are then arranged with 2 different design options for you to choose from. Once a design has been confirmed, we ask that your balance be paid in full to cover the cost of the resin that will be used in your piece. The total process takes on average 16-20 weeks (timeframe is an estimate). However, this is subject to change during peak wedding season or due to shipping delays etc.
*Please note that layouts are not provided for add-ons due to the limitations of each mold. However, we strive to capture the essence of your event and we will do our best to accommodate any particular style or requests. If you have preferences or requests just let us know and we’ll be happy to work with you!
*Some important details to remember:
- All flowers dry slightly differently (reds dry darker, some pinks dry darker or lighter, whites can turn more yellow or off white). As an additional service, we offer color enhancement to better match the vibrancy your flowers had on the day of your event.
- If your flowers were damaged prior to drying them, some lighter flowers may have translucent spots on them. This is something that cannot be avoided - but it can add a very cool effect.
- Such as the nature of hand-crafted items, there may be small imperfections or bubbles in the resin. However, we use the highest quality resin, molds and techniques to minimize these as much as possible.
- Despite providing good packaging instructions for shipping your flowers, some more fragile flowers may not do well with shipping and may need to be replaced. We will always discuss this with you prior to replacing any with stock flowers. We will take pictures upon arrival for you to see the quality of the flowers.
- Resin can yellow over time if not cared for properly. Care Instructions will be included in your order.
- We are not responsible for any lost or damaged packages. However, we purchase insurance on all return shipments.
- The reservation deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE but will be counted towards your custom package balance.
*Packing and shipping details to follow via email when order is placed. Local pickup and delivery are available in the Burlington, Vermont area.
2022 IS BOOKING UP FAST GIVEN THE SURGE IN WEDDINGS THIS SEASON!
RESERVE YOUR DATE TODAY!
We can absolutely preserve your air-dried flowers. We will provide shipping instructions specifically for air-dried bouquets. We still require a reservation for flowers that are already dried.
Flowers will dry in the same condition that we receive them. We will do our best to salvage as much of the bloom as possible. However, time is one of the most important factors when preserving flowers. We have great relationships with local florists, and we can always arrange replacement blooms if some do not make it for an additional cost.
We are not responsible for any shipping delays or any damage that occurs to your blooms as a result of the shipping process. This is why we urge each client to carefully follow shipping instructions and ship us their arrangement as soon as possible after the event using overnight shipping through FEDEX or UPS. If your flowers are damaged or cannot be preserved, you may choose to cancel your reservation. We have relationships with several local florist should any flowers need to be replaced. Unfortunately, if you decide not to move forward, your deposit is non-refundable.
If your bouquet was air-dried, then it is possible to preserve the bouquet fully intact. If you are sending us fresh flowers, we will have to deconstruct your bouquet in order to properly dry them. Once they are fully dried, we can re-create your bouquet based on pictures we took when we received them.
Flowers will look different once dried. Lighter colors such as pinks, yellows, light blues and light purples will dry much darker but keep their vibrant color. Deep reds and purples will dry very dark. Upon receipt of your bouquet, we will discuss what you can expect during your consultation.
We will include Care Instructions with each order. We use the highest quality resins with UV inhibitors. However, exposure to direct sunlight will cause the resin to yellow over time. To reduce this effect, we recommend keeping your custom pieces out of direct sunlight.
Please do not freeze your flowers. Once frozen, they will die immediately when thawed. To prolong the life of your flowers, it is best to water them daily and feed them flower food. You may also keep them refrigerated.
Unfortunately, not all flowers and plants can be preserved. Succulents have a very high water content and are impossible to dry. Flowers with thin petals may become very brittle after drying and end up translucent in resin. We can cast faux flowers and berries if requested. including silk and wood.
Copyright © 2023 Tanglewood Floral Preservation - All Rights Reserved.